(Redirected from Alt-Right)
The Alternative Right or Alt Right has been described by "The Washington Post" as a "nativist right-wing movement". The Alt Right was also described by Richard Spencer and Tara McCarthy as the New Right in early 2017, but that Term later came to be Alt Rightese for "Alt Light". In a "Breitbart"-Article titled "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right", written by Allum Bokhari and Milo Yiannopoulos on 29 March 2016, the Alt Right was described as an Internet-born amorphous Movement that had "become public enemy number one to beltway conservatives", who considered it "little more than a vehicle for the worst dregs of human society: anti-Semites, white supremacists, and other members of the Stormfront set". Alt-Right-Leader Richard Spencer has said that his "Mantra" is: "Race is real. Race matters. Race is the Foundation of Identity." However, in what appears to be a Contradiction, he has also said: "I would say that Race is a Kind of secondary Issue ... It has to flow from something else ... I don't think we should ever be a Movement where we only discuss IQ-Charts or our 23andMe-Account." One Reason the Alt Right cannot accurately be described as white supremacist is the high Premium it places on "IQ", coupled with its Belief that, for Example, Northeastasians score higher on "IQ-Tests" than Whites. The Alt Right believes that in a subjective Sense, every Race sees itself as superior to all the other Races. According to Tree of Logic and Richard Spencer, there is one black Alt Rightist.
- 1 Founding
- 2 Etymology of the Term "Alt Right"
- 3 AP does not recognise Term "Alt Right"
- 4 Leadership
- 5 What the Alt Right says about what
- 6 Keywords
- 7 Pepe the Frog
- 8 The Alt Left
- 9 The Alt Right light, a.k.a. Alt Light, a.k.a. New Right
- 10 2016
- 11 2017
- 11.1 "Tanya Gersh v. Andrew Anglin"
- 11.2 Southern Baptist Convention's Resolution against the Alt Right
- 11.3 Freedom-of-Speech-Rally at Lincoln-Memorial
- 11.4 Hatreon becomes Funding-Source
- 11.5 Electre disavows the Alt Right
- 11.6 "Washington Post"-ABC News-Poll-Results
- 11.7 Julian Assange criticises Alt Right's Position on Catalonia
- 12 2018
- 13 See also
- 14 External Links
- 15 References
The President of the Southern Poverty-Law-Centre, Richard Cohen, has called Richard Spencer "the Head of the Alt Right, the Godfather of the Alt Right". During an Interview with Jared Taylor published on 31 January 2018, israeli Journalist and former Knesset-Member Nitzan Horowitz said that some consider Jared Taylor to be "the Father of the Alt Right", to which Jared responded that he'd "been talking about the Question of Race and Identity for 27 Years and that's far longer than the Term 'Alt Right' has even existed'". "TabletMag" says "[t]he alt-right is the direct heir of the paleoconservatives". Incidentally, "TabletMag" credits Paul Gottfried, who knows Richard Spencer well, with coining the Term "Paleoconservative".
Etymology of the Term "Alt Right"
The Term "Alternative Right" was coined by Richard Spencer when he used it in an Article titled "The Conservative Write", on 6 August 2008, that he wrote for "Taki's Magazine". In the very last Sentence of the Article, Richard wrote:
The intellectual bankruptcy of neoconservatism as well as the current stagnation of the movement conservatism should give paleos, traditionalists, and anyone else on the alternative Right some cause for optimism… Or at least, this is what everyone I know in Manhattan is saying.Paul Gottfried has claimed he invented the Term during a Speech he made in November 2008, but Richard's Article obviously predates Paul's Speech. According to "The New Yorker", Paul did not even use the Term in his Speech, "he used the term 'post-paleo' instead". The Confusion seems to stem from the Fact that in August 2016, someone from the Associated Press called Paul and told him he invented the Term. He responding by asking how he had accomplished that. That was when the Individual told him he used it in his Speech in November 2008. Perhaps the Individual from the Associated Press was confused because Richard published Paul's Speech on "Taki's Magazine" in December 2008 and gave it the Title "The Decline and Rise of the Alternative Right", which may have looked like Proof that Paul had used the Term in November 2008.
However, the History of the Term "Alternative Right" does go back further than Richard Spencer's Article on 6 August 2008. Richard was asked about this in an Interview with YouTuber Roaming Millennial on 2 May 2017. He explained that the Idea of the Alternative Right goes back to an Article written by Paul Gottfried. On Twitter in August 2016, Richard posted a Link to that Article, which is titled "A Paleo Epitaph". Paul wrote in the Beginning of the fourth to last Paragraph:
Even now an alternative is coming into existence as a counterforce to neoconservative dominance. It consists mostly of younger (thirty-something) writers and political activists; and although they are still glaringly under-funded, this rising generation is building bridges on the right.
This is where Richard got his Inspiration for the Term "Alternative Right". He has explained that when he and others first started using the Term, "it was a lot hazier than it is now". At that Time, the Term was associated more with the Ron-Paul-Movement, Libertarianism and the Anti-War-Movement.
AP does not recognise Term "Alt Right"
The Associated Press's Vice-President for Standards, John Daniszewski, regards the Usage of the Term "Alt Right" as a Ruse. John recommends putting "Alt Right" in Quotes or using a modifier, as in "the self-described Alt Right" or "the so-called Alt Right". He says:
Avoid using the term generically and without definition, however, because it is not well known and the term may exist primarily as a public-relations device to make its supporters' actual beliefs less clear and more acceptable to a broader audience. In the past we have called such beliefs racist, neo-Nazi or white supremacist.
He then goes on to say that one should define the Alt Right using a Phrase such as "an offshoot of conservatism mixing racism, white nationalism and populism" or "a white nationalist movement". This is worth noting because the AP is said to standardise the Language used in News.
The following is a YouTube-Livestream-Conversation between D'Marcus Liebowitz and Richard Spencer:
D'Marcus Liebowitz: It [the Term 'Alt Right'] seems to poll the best. I mean, I like 'Alt Right' ... better [than other Terms] because it's kind of sneaky. I mean, let's be honest, it's kind of sneaky. It's kind of ... Culture jamming.
Richard Spencer: Yeah, like alternative Music ... It has kind of like a Grunge-Element to it or something. I think that's cool.
Brad Griffin has called Richard Spencer "the William F. Buckley" and "acknowledged leader" of the Alt Right. "The Atlantic" calls Richard "an alt-right leader". The President of the Southern Poverty Law Center, Richard Cohen, has called Richard Spencer "the head of the Alt Right, the Godfather of the Alt Right". However, Richard Spencer himself agrees with those who call the Alt Right an amorphous Movement. Richard Spencer has said: "I am associated with the Alt Right ... That being said, I don't that think anything that I say on one Policy-Issue is the definitive Position, that is, you can't disagree with me or something, that would be ridiculous." An Article on "Salon" referred to Richard Spencer, Mike Enoch and Andrew Anglin as the three most influential People in the Alt Right.
What the Alt Right says about what
The term "Helicopter-Rides" appeared in the now-deleted "TRS Lexicon", so it would seem that at least some in the Alt Right are against Communism ("TRS" is short for Mike Enoch's therightstuff.biz). In Chile in the Era of Augusto Pinochet, an Anticommunist who ruled Chile for 17 years, political Opponents were sometimes thrown out of Helicopters to their Deaths. However, Richard Spencer and Nathan Damigo don't have anything against Socialism. On 1 May 2017, Richard tweeted: "Look, Marx was kinda right. Bourgeoisie capitalism (and not the Soviet Union) created an undiferentiated [sic], alienated proletarian mass." Nina Spencer, Richard Spencer's Wife, has used a Picture of Joseph Stalin as her Header-Photo on Twitter. On 22 September 2017, Richard tweeted: "The Poles experienced Communism; they survived as a coherent nation. The nation is what matters, less so the form of the government."
Israel and the Jews
Where all Alt Rightists seem to agree on Israel and the Jews, is that they believe there is a double Standard in that United Statians support a Jewish Israel, whereas they don't explicitly support maintaining an all-white Majority in the US. After that, their Views seem to diverge. Jared Taylor says: "I think that Jewish Americans, there's certainly nothing wrong with their being Jewish and having a Religion that is different from the Majority Christian Religion, so long as they consider themselves Men and Women of the West". Jews are not allowed in the Alt Right-Group Identity Evropa, "even if they have European ancestry". Richard Spencer has said: "Jews are not white, Jews are Jews ... Jews are not European, fundamentally, they have a fundamentally different Consciousness, a Sense of themselves and a different Story". He includes "all three Branches of the Jewish Family, the Mizrahim, the Sephardic Jews and Ashkenazi Jews". Richard wants the US to stop giving financial Aid to Israel and thinks "the United States should not be tied to Israel in some religious Way", but he sees Israel as legitimate. Andrew Anglin wants the Jews to be "rounded up and deported to Israel" and wants to cut off financial Aid to Israel, after which he believes they will be exterminated by the Arabs.
Jared Taylor has said that "many, many Studies have demonstrated that Blacks have a lower" average "IQ" than Whites and Whites a lower average "IQ" than North-Asians. Steven Franssen, who is a regular Speaker on the YouTube-Livestream "This Week on the Alt Right", is an Opponent of "Psychiatry" and "Psychoanalysis".
Race in general
The Alt Right believes that "ideas can shape societies and peoples, but they don't create them". The Alt Right rejects the American Exceptionalism Doctrine, to which Glenn Beck adheres. The American Exceptionalism Doctrine holds that the Constitution and Laws the US have made them exceptional and led to the Immigrant Success Stories that are so often heard. Glenn has said this: "The stability of the Constitution has made us [the US] exceptional, not the people." The Alt Right rejects both the Notion that "the rules that apply to every country on the planet don't apply to America" and the Notion that "race may matter everywhere from England to China, but not in America". Jared Taylor sees the Alt Right Worldview thus:
Equality is a dangerous Myth. The Alt Right is united in rejecting the current Dogma that all Races are equal. Races are different. They differ in average Levels of Intelligence, they do not build identical Societies and there is no Reason to think Nonwhites can maintain Western Civilisation, the Civilisation that Whites created. And most People prefer the Culture created by their own Race and prefer to be around People like themselves. 
This does not mean, however, that the Alt Right believes Whites shouldn't talk to Nonwhites. Richard Spencer and Nathan Damigo made a Video titled "Allies of Color", wherein they recommended Alt Rightists have discussions with Nonwhites where they believe they see a Convergence of Interests.
Most Alt Rightists envision an Ethnostate, a State in which everyone or, at the very least, nearly everyone will be white. Jared Taylor and Nathan Damigo like the Idea of partitioning the united States into Ethnostates, where People of every Ethnicity would have their own separate Area. Richard Spencer has said that the Ethnostate he envisions could be "anywhere, it could be on the Moon." In a Speech at the 2013 American Renaissance Conference, he described it this way:
It would be a state for the 21 century—or 22nd: reflecting advances in communication and transportation, it would be a home for Germans, Latins, and Slavs from around the world. On one level, it would be a reconstitution of the Roman Empire. The Ethno-State would be, to borrow the title of a novel by Theodor Herzl (one of the founding fathers of Zionism), an Altneuland—an old, new country.
Baked Alaska, who identified as Part of the Alt Right but stopped doing so in or before April 2017, didn't embrace the Ethnostate even when he identified as Part of the Alt Right. This can be seen from a Conversation he had on Twitter with @6th_Extinction_, who was replying to a Tweet of his:
@6th_Extinction_: Do your unpopular ideas include a white ethnostate? If they do, you are literally threatening 35% of the country with being displaced
After Stephen Paddock killed 58 People and himself and injured Hundreds in a Shooting in Vegas on 1 October 2017, Richard Spencer said on the Podcast "AltRight Politics" that Stephen was "from a demented, degenerative Bloodline", referring to his Father, who was on the FBI's 10-most-Wanted-List. When asked by Greg Conte: "Would you be for reintroducing Corruption-of-Blood-Laws?", he said: "I think that humane Sterilisation-Laws would be, obviously, a Policy of the Ethnostate".
Richard Spencer popularised the Word "Cuckservative" around 2012. It comes from the Words "Cuckold" and "Conservative". Richard considers Cuckservatives to be Would-be-Conservatives "whose only identity is comprised of vague, abstract 'values', and who are participating in the displacement of European Americans". In short, a Cuckservative is a Conservative who is submissive, from the Alt Right Perspective.
The White-Sharia-Meme is embraced by many Alt Rightists, while others don't feel entirely comfortable with it because it uses the Term "Sharia", an Islamic Concept. White Sharia involves the Belief that a Woman is "property of one man, allowed continued existence and any degree of freedom only in accordance with his desires", according to an Article posted on "Daily Stormer" by Andrew Auernmeimer.
Pepe the Frog
Pepe the Frog was once considered by the Alt Right to be a satirical modern Incarnation of the egyptian Deity Kek. In November 2016, Richard Spencer said this about Pepe: "The Frog is an Expression of a certain, it's a smug Frog that is an Expression of a -- this is someone who is at least willing to speak the Truth."
In Mid-2017, Matt Furie, the Creator of Pepe the Frog's legal Representatives "sent DMCA takedown notices to 'alt-right'-affiliated sites and figures using the symbol, including white nationalist Richard Spencer’s Altright.com and the r/The_Donald subreddit", "The Verge" says. Matt's legal Team succeeded in getting Amazon to pull Baked Alaska's Book, "Meme Magic Secrets Revealed", which has Pepe on its front Cover.
During a Livestream on 1 February 2018, Richard announced that the Alt Right was "officially done" with Kek-Worship, because he felt Kek-Worship had been "taken by the Kekistanis and ... the soft, just stupid Skeptic-Types".
The Alt Left
According to the Anti-Defamation-League's Mark Pitcavage, the Alt Left does not exist and Use of the Term is an Attempt to draw a Parallel between the Alt Right and Elements on the Left, but "it refers to no actual group or movement or network". Notwithstanding, there appear to be Leftists who identify as Part of the Alt Left and there are Websites that identify as Part of the Alt Left. The first known Use of the Term was August 2016 on the Website wnd.com. "Vanity Fair" says that "There’s a confluence between the alt-right and the alt-left regarding Vladimir Putin". The Article states that both the Alt Left and Alt Right loathe Hillary Clinton and cites presidential Candidate 2016 of the Green Party of the united States, Jill Stein, who, during an Episode of the "Politico"-Podcast "Off Message" in 2016, said: "Hillary has the Potential to do a whole Lot more Damage, to get us into more Wars". There is an Alt-Left-Green-Party-Member, Holly Seeliger, who won the District-2-Seat on Portland, Maine's Board of Public Education in November 2012. Here is a Twitter-Conversation Holly had with Cassandra Fairbanks:
Green party is antiwar which includes not starting war with Russia. Alt left and right must stand up to WWIII plans and mil indust complex— Holly Seeliger (@HollySeeliger) June 14, 2017
The Alt Right light, a.k.a. Alt Light, a.k.a. New Right
The Alternative Right light or Alt Right light, a.k.a. Alt Light or Alt Lite, is, as one might guess, a moderate Version of the Alt Right, an "Alt Rightification of the Mainstream". The term "Alt Right light" was used by Richard Spencer as early as December 2015 during a youtubed Talk to describe what he thought of Milo Yiannopoulos and Gavin McInnes. Greg Johnson says the Alt Right light is "defined by civic nationalism". Lucian Wintrich and Mike Cernovich, who the Group Hope not Hate considers Part of the Alt Right light, identify with the Term "New Right". "Breitbart News" also describes the Alt Right light as the New Right. Hope not Hate also classifies Lauren Southern and Jack Posobiec as Part of the Alt Right light. Lauren has called the Alt Light "the third Wave of the New Right". YouTuber No Bullsh*t calls it "the New New Right".
ALT-RIGHT VS NEW RIGHT DEBATE@RichardBSpencer vs @MikeTokes— Mike Tokes (@MikeTokes) February 14, 2018
White Nationalism vs Civic Nationalism
February 14, 2018
5pm PST / 8pm EST
Host: Baked Alaska
Link: https://t.co/vzSKTnTnJM pic.twitter.com/fNkbQtJyWs
On 19 November 2016, at the National Policy Institute's annual Conference in Washington DC, Richard Spencer raised a Glass to toast Donald Trump's 2016 Election Victory as he stood before a Crowd of 200 People, exclaiming: "Hail Trump! Hail our people! Hail victory!" Many in the Crowd responded with Roman Salutes. Mike Peinovich, a.k.a. Mike Enoch, has claimed he was the first to do a Roman Salute. The Event was Videotaped and received over two Million Views. Richard later posted a Video on radixjournal.com stating that he meant it as a Joke and an Expression of Exuberance. He made clear he was making no Apologies for the Roman Salutes of some of the People present, but cautioned that it could be "bad Optics" and added: "There is a Truth to the Notion that, uh, you know, anything that's tainted by Nazism is just a Nonstarter in reaching other People." The Event later came to be referred to as Hailgate. Richard claims the Video "reached Tens of Millions of People". Because he used the German Word "Lügenpresse" during the Speech, "The New York Times" claimed he "quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German." "The New York Times" had to make a Correction to that same Article, because it had originally stated that he used the German Word "Heil" rather than the English Equivalent "Hail". Elliot Kline, a.k.a. Eli Mosley, the former Leader of Identity Evropa, has said: "[B]ascially, like, with Hailgate and Trump's Win, it basically catapulted us, you know, into Mainstream-Relevance in a Way".
"Tanya Gersh v. Andrew Anglin"
The "Tanya Gersh v. Andrew Anglin" Lawsuit is the Southern Poverty Law Centre's first Lawsuit against the Alt Right. It was filed on 18 April 2017 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana, Missoula Division by the SPLC on behalf of Tanya Gersh, a Jewish Realtor.
Southern Baptist Convention's Resolution against the Alt Right
On 21 June 2017, the Southern Baptist Convention initially declined and then passed, nearly unanimously, a reworded Version of a Resolution, called Resolution 10, decrying "every form of racism, including alt-right white supremacy, as antithetical to the Gospel of Jesus Christ" and denouncing and repudiating "white supremacy and every form of racial and ethnic hatred as of the devil". The original Version of the Resolution was put forward by Pastor Dwight McKissic.
Freedom-of-Speech-Rally at Lincoln-Memorial
On 25 June 2017 at Noon, a Freedom of Speech Rally took place at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, whilst a duelling leftist Rally took place nearby, organised by DC United Against Hate, which stated it was there to "oppose racism, Islamophobia and hate". Speakers at the Freedom of Speech Rally included James Allsup, Augustus Invictus, Jason Kessler, Baked Alaska, Nathan Damigo, Chris Cantwell, Connor Groce, Irma Hinojosa, Mike Enoch and Richard Spencer. Not all of the Speakers identified as Part of the Alt Right. The Event was kicked off by James Allsup, who finished his Speech saying: "President Trump, come back to us, you know, we're the ones who got you elected ... We need to build a Wall, we need to deport the Illegals and we need to make America great again." The second Speaker was Augustus, who spoke about uniting the Right. Toward the End of his Speech, he urged that Communists be thrown from Helicopters: "Get a f***ing Helicopter and throw the f***ing Communists out." Next came Jason, during whose Speech someone could be heard saying: "F*** the Alt Light [Alt Right light]." Richard wrapped up the Event, stating, among other Things: "The most radical Thing you can say is: 'I am white, my Life has meaning.'" Meanwhile, the Alt Right light was holding its own Rally at the White House called the Rally Against Political Violence. According to Jack Smith IV of mic.com, the Alt Right Rally had about Double the Attendance of the Alt Right light Rally. The Freedom of Speech Rally was organised by Baltimorean Filmmaker/Photographer and Activist Colton Merwin, then 19 Years of Age. The Anti-Defamation League says Colton is affiliated with the Proud Boys.
Hatreon becomes Funding-Source
In June 2017, a Crowdfunding Site called Hatreon or hatreon.us was launched by Cody Wilson, a self-described "old-School Anarchist". Hatreon quickly became popular with the Alt Right, whose Proponents turned to it for Funding as an Alternative to Patreon or PayPal. By 12 August 2017, Richard Spencer, Adrew Anglin, Tara McCarthy and Brittany Pettibone had signed up and were displayed as featured Creators on the Site.
Electre disavows the Alt Right
On 19 July 2017, Frenchwoman Electre disavowed the Alt Right:
"Washington Post"-ABC News-Poll-Results
In a 16-20 August 2017 "Washington Post"-ABC News-Poll, 1,014 Adults were polled. One of the Questions was: "Thinking now about the movement known as the alt-right, or alternative right. Would you describe yourself as a supporter or as an opponent of the alt-right movement? Do you support/oppose it strongly, or somewhat?". The Results showed that 10% supported the Alt Right, 50% opposed it and 41% had no Opinion.
Julian Assange criticises Alt Right's Position on Catalonia
On 22 September 2017, Julian Assange criticised the Alt Right's Position on Catalonia on Twitter:
US Alt-Right appears to oppose Catalan identity because Spain is run by the dregs of Franco in PP. No principles. Always looking for a daddy— Julian Assange ⌛ (@JulianAssange) 22. September 2017
Nope. Secession is meaningless if bigger, racial questions are not addressed. https://t.co/ukytURlvk4— Richard ⛷️ Spencer (@RichardBSpencer) 22. September 2017
Prominent Alt Right figure Richard Spencer opposes Catalan self-determination https://t.co/iNQ11RSFg7— Julian Assange ⌛ (@JulianAssange) 22. September 2017
Paul Nehlen banned from Twitter
On 12 February 2018, Alt-Right-Politician Paul Nehlen was banned from Twitter after tweeting a Tweet (shown below) of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reconstructed to look like Cheddarman, an early Briton believed to have black Skin. In a Reply to his own Tweet (Reply shown below), he called the Finding that Cheddarman had black Skin "Science", with Quotation-Marks around it. Paul doesn't know if he was banned for this Tweet or a Tweet-String he tweeted out which he says "showed that the entire Porn-Industry is essentially run by the Pharisees".
Richard Spencer and Greg Conte made a Video shortly afterward discussing the Subject of Paul Nehlen's Ban from the Social-Media-Platform. Richard, who says he thinks he "shared a DM" with Paul once, thinks Paul's Strategy was too far outside the Overton-Window to convince Normies to vote for him. Notwithstanding this, Richard said: "He tweeted out something for the LOLs, it was based, no, I don't disavow him".
Kyle Bristow leaves Alt Right
On 3 March 2018, Metro-Detroit-Lawyer Kyle Bristow deleted his Twitter and announced that he was quitting the Alt Right and resigning from his Role as executive Director of the Foundation for the Marketplace of Ideas, following negative Media-Coverage that he didn't think he deserved and he described as "vilification" of him in a Statement on the Organisation's Website, freedomfront.org. Shortly after that, on 21 March 2018, Richard Spencer told Blogger and YouTuber Luke Ford that the Alt Right was "in a dark Place", "passing through a difficult Strecht".
- "White Nationalist Alt-Right Leader Richard Spencer Sucker Punched, Won't Denounce Hitler, Talks Jews". 2:49. YouTube. "David Pakman Show". Published 24 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Allum Bokhari, Milo Yiannopoulos (29 March 2016). "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right". breitbart.com. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- "White Nationalist Responds to Texas A&M Protests". YouTube. ABC News. 8 December 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- Sarah Posner (18 October 2016). "Meet the Alt-Right 'Spokesman' Who's Thrilled With Trump's Rise". rollingstone.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Hunter Wallace (4 March 2010). "Imagine 2050 on Alternative Right". occidentaldissent.com. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- Matthew Sheffield (16 January 2017). "The alt-right eats its own: Neo-Nazi podcaster 'Mike Enoch' quits after doxxers reveal his wife is Jewish". salon.com. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- EMMA GREY ELLIS (10 November 2017). "THE ALT-RIGHT WILL FAIL. EVEN UNDER PRESIDENT TRUMP". wired.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- SERGE F. KOVALESKI, JULIE TURKEWITZ, JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN, DAN BARRY (10 December 2016). "An Alt-Right Makeover Shrouds the Swastikas". nytimes.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Rosie Gray (14 August 2017). "'Alt-Right' Leaders Won't Condemn Ramming Suspect". theatlantic.com. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Richard Spencer (6 August 2008). "The Conservative Write". takimag.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Josh Harkinson (27 October 2016). "MEET THE WHITE NATIONALIST TRYING TO RIDE THE TRUMP TRAIN TO LASTING POWER". motherjones.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Hunter Wallace (25 November 2016). "Alt-Right Beefs". occidentaldissent.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Richard Spencer, Mike Enoch (28 November 2016). 'Hailgate'. radixjournal.com. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Paul Gottfried (30 August 2016). "SOME OBSERVATIONS FROM THE MAN WHO CREATED ALT-RIGHT". frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- Jason Kessler (9 April 2017). "Alt Right Protest Syrian War; Antifa Turns Violent". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Richard B. Spencer (19 July 2016). "The #AltRight at #RNCinCLE 'Helicopter rides'". twitter.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "The TRS Lexicon". therightstuff.biz. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". 32:45. YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- 'Shadilay'. knowyourmeme.com. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Brian Menegus (3 January 2017). 'Trump Pundit Bill Mitchell Burns His Life Down With Pepe Tweet'. gizmodo.com. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Rachael Burford (10 March 2017). "I had to tell everyone, 'No, we're not the official band of the alt-right'": Depeche Mode singer Dave Gahan on dismissing 'ridiculous' claim of white supremacist fan Richard Spencer". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- Justin Wm. Moyer. Perry Stein (23 June 2017). "'Alt-right' and 'alt-lite'? Dueling rallies planned for Sunday in D.C." standard.net. Originally on washingtonpost.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Richard Spencer White Identity. Interview with Tara McCarthy." 12:48. YouTube-Channel Jan Kerkoff. Published 22 October 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Mike Enoch Talks Milo and the Alt Lite (2017)". YouTube-Channel Kronos. Published Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Richard Spencer Interview CNN With Kamau Bell (4/30/17)". 1:55. YouTube. Published 1 May 2017. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- Richard Spencer (11 August 2017). "What It Means To Be Alt-Right". altright.com. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "Richard Spencer White Identity. Interview with Tara McCarthy." 26:47. Jan Kerkoff YouTube Channel. Published 22 October 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Kristoffer Rønneberg (23 November 2016). "Jared Taylor". soundcloud.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Roland Martin (22 November 2016). "'We're Not Going Anywhere': Watch Roland Martin Challenge White Nationalist Richard Spencer". 30:00. YouTube. "News One Now". Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Richard Spencer talks White Supremacy & The KKK (Part 1)". The Culture Report YouTube Channel. Published 19 September 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "Millenniyule 2017 #27: Tree of Logic". 36:55. YouTube-Channel Millennial Woes. Streamed live on 17 December 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "White Nationalist Responds to Texas A&M Protests". YouTube. ABC News. 8 December 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Israeli Journalist and Politician Interviews Jared Taylor". YouTube-Channel American Renaissance. Published 31 January 2018. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Jacob Siegel (29 November 2016). "The Alt-Right’s Jewish Godfather". tabletmag.com. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Paul Gottfried (30 August 2016). "SOME OBSERVATIONS FROM THE MAN WHO CREATED ALT-RIGHT". frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Andrew Marantz (6 July 2017). "The Alt-Right Branding War Has Torn the Movement in Two". newyorker.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Paul Gottfried (1 December 2008). "The Decline and Rise of the Alternative Right". takimag.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Roaming Millennial (2 May 2017). "Richard Spencer Interview | What is the Alt-Right? (Pt. 1)". 0:56. YouTube. Retreived 23 July 2017.
- Richard B. Spencer (24 August 2016). "Even now an alternative ... " twitter.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- Paul Gottfried (7 April 2008). "A Paleo Epitaph". takimag.com. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- "Richard Spencer | Changing the Paradigm for the White Race". soundcloud.com. "27Crows Radio". 16 July 2017. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- Roaming Millennial (2 May 2017). "Richard Spencer Interview | What is the Alt-Right? (Pt. 1)". 1:29. YouTube. Retreived 23 July 2017.
- Roaming Millennial (2 May 2017). "Richard Spencer Interview | What is the Alt-Right? (Pt. 1)". 2:50. YouTube. Retreived 23 July 2017.
- Roaming Millennial (2 May 2017). "Richard Spencer Interview | What is the Alt-Right? (Pt. 1)". 3:03. YouTube. Retreived 23 July 2017.
- John Daniszewski (28 November 2016). "Writing about the 'alt-right'". blog.ap.org. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Caitlin PenzeyMoog (16 August 2017). "AP Style clarifies its 'alt-right' rule, because words mean things". avclub.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- "TRS Live With Richard Spencer". 1:52:30. YouTube-Channel kenny just kenny. Streamed live 27 October 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- '"Hail Trump!": Richard Spencer Speech Excerpts". youtube.com. "The Atlantic". 21 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Richard Spencer (20 March 2017). "Why Tomi Lahren is Right on Abortion". YouTube. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Jonathan Franklin (8 January 2001). "Chilean army admits 120 thrown into sea". theguardian.com. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- "LIVE: Protesters rally for 'freedom of speech' in DC, counter-protest expected". YouTube. Ruptly TV. Streamed live 25 June 2017. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- Eric Byler (6 December 2016). "White Nationalist Opens Up to The Young Turks". 9:47. "The Young Turks". Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- Richard B. Spencer (1 May 2017). "Look, Marx was kinda right ... " twitter.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- @NinaByzantina. twitter.com. Screenshot archived at archive.org. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- Richard Spencer (22 September 2017). "The Poles experienced Communism; they survived ... " twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 23 September 2017. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- David Sheen (12 January 2015). "Shared Values? White Nationalism & Jewish Nationalism". YouTube. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- David Sheen (12 January 2015). "Shared Values? White Nationalism & Jewish Nationalism". 18:15. YouTube. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Alexis Terrazas, Atticus Morris (15 December 2016). "Alternate Reality: Growing acceptance of white nationalism in Trump’s America". eltecolote.org. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "White Nationalist Alt-Right Leader Richard Spencer Sucker Punched, Won't Denounce Hitler, Talks Jews". 12:16. YouTube. David Pakman Show. Published 24 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "White Nationalist Alt-Right Leader Richard Spencer Sucker Punched, Won't Denounce Hitler, Talks Jews". 12:45. YouTube. David Pakman Show. Published 24 January 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "'Alt-right' leader Richard Spencer: 'Heil Trump' at supremacist event was fun, exuberance". jta.org. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Richard Spencer Interview on The Dino Report - His Views on the USAs Demographic & Political Change". 10:00. YouTube. "The Dino Report". 28 February 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Richard Spencer Interview on The Dino Report - His Views on the USAs Demographic & Political Change". 11:40. YouTube. "The Dino Report". 28 February 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- David Winter (6 February 2017). "Andrew Anglin - an interview with the Neo-Nazi behind The March on Whitefish". 8:15. nbcrightnow.com. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- Tory Scott (1 May 2016). "Ideas Didn't Build America". therightstuff.biz. Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- Michael Knowles (26 September 2016). "An Actual Conservative's Guide To The Alt-Right: 8 Things You Need To Know". dailywire.com. Retrieved 25 November 2016
- Lori (2 September 2016). "The World Is Upside Down: Hillary Embraces American Exceptionalism; Trump Rebukes It". glennbeck.com. Retrieved 10 December 2016.
- Jared Taylor (29 August 2016). "What Is the Alt-Right?" 1:20. YouTube. "American Renaissance". Retrieved 15 Febraury 2017.
- "Allies of Color". 17:20. YouTube. NPI / Radix. Published 9 February 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- Kristoffer Ronneberg (23 November 2016). "Jared Taylor". soundcloud.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Reality Calls Show #1: Nathan Damigo, Identity Evropa". 5:36. YouTube. 15 January 2017. Re=trieved 3 May 2017.
- HARRY SHUKMAN (14 December 2016). "Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer says his whites-only state could be 'on the Moon'". thetab.com. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- Richard Spencer (28 September 2016). "FACING THE FUTURE AS A MINORITY". radixjournal.com. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- John Woodrow Cox (22 November 2016). "'Let's party like it's 1933': Inside the alt-right world of Richard Spencer". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "FREE SPEECH RALLY IN BERKELEY WITH 'BAKED ALASKA'". YouTube-Channel Tim Pool. 27 April 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- @6th_Extinction_ (4 September 2017). "Do your unpopular ideas include ... " archive.org. Originally on twitter.com. Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- Baked Alaska (9 September 2017). "Nope I'm not for a white ethnostate ... " twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 9 September 2017 on archive.org. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Explicit Alt-Right Politics - October 5, 2017 - What Happens In Vegas". 3:00. spreaker.com. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Explicit Alt-Right Politics - October 5, 2017 - What Happens In Vegas". 4:00. spreaker.com. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Vincent Law (23 October 2017). "Alt-Right Leader Vladimir Putin Drops Massive Redpill On Live TV". altright.com. Archived from the Original on 24 October 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- George Michael (24 November 2016). 'History of the alt-right: The movement isn’t just Breitbart and white nationalists — it’s worse'. salon.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "ALTERNATIVE RIGHT". splcenter.org. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- David Weigel (29 July 2016). "'Cuckservative' — the conservative insult of the month, explained". "The Washington Post". Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Dana Schwartz (1 August 2016). "Why Angry White Men Love Calling People 'Cucks'". gq.com. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- Andrew Auernheimer (17 November 2017). "Sorry Golden One, nothing wrong with them. Skanks needs the scold's bridle!" YouTube-Channel weevlos. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Just What are Traditional Gender Roles?" dailystormer.com. Archived from the Original on archive.org on 19 May 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- Ben Kew (20 September 2016). "Milo: The Alt-Right Is Going Nowhere, And Here's Why". breitbart.com. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Allum Bokhari, Milo Yiannopoulos (29 March 2016). "An Establishment Conservative’s Guide To The Alt-Right". breitbart.com. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Trump employs symbols of America's racist fringe". (2:50). msnbc.com. "The Rachel Maddow Show". 16 September 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Baked Alaska (17 July 2017). "Meme Magic Secrets Revealed". amazon.com. Archived from the Original on 20 August 2017. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- Adi Robertson (18 September 2017). "Pepe’s creator is sending takedown notices to far-right sites". theverge.com. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "SOTU and the Amnesty Gambit". YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Streamed live on 1 February 2018. Retrieved 2 February 2018.
- Liam Stack (15 August 2017). "Alt-Right, Alt-Left, Antifa: A Glossary of Extremist Language". nytimes.com. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- @Alt_left_T. twitter.com. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- ELIZABETH FLOCK (16 August 2017). "How the term 'alt-left' came to be". pbs.org. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "Jill Stein: Trump may have 'memory problem'". 34:03. "Politico"-Podcast "Off Message" on soundcloud.com. 18 September 2016. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- JAMES WOLCOTT (March 2017). "WHY THE ALT-LEFT IS A PROBLEM, TOO". vanityfair.com. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- Randy Billings (9 November 2012). "Burlesque dancer wiggles into seat on Portland school board". pressherald.com. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Richard Spencer (13 December 2015). "What Is the Alt Right?". 19:22. "Radix" channel on YouTube. Retrieved 28 August 2017.
- https://www.counter-currents.com/2017/01/white-nationalism-the-alt-right-and-the-alt-light/ "Print this post Print this post White Nationalism, the Alt Right, & the Alt Light"]. counter-currents.com. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- Simon Murdoch (10 May 2017). "THE FAR-RIGHT 'ALT-LIGHT' IN THE WHITE HOUSE". hopenothate.org.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Justin Wm. Moyer, Perry Stein (23 June 2017). "'Alt-right' and 'alt-lite'? Conservatives plan dueling conservative rallies Sunday in D.C.". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "What I got Alt-Wrong about the Alt-Right". Mike Cernovich YouTube Channel. Published 15 August 2017. Retrieved 18 October 2017.
- Lucas Nolan (25 June 2017). "'Rally for Peace': Trump Supporters Condemn Left’s Climate of Violence at White House". breitbart.com. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Alt Right vs Alt Light with Lauren Southern". 13:30. YouTube-Channel No Bullsh*t. Published 6 November 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Alt Right vs Alt Light with Lauren Southern". 16:30. YouTube-Channel No Bullsh*t. Published 6 November 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "'Hail Trump!': Richard Spencer Speech ExcerptsYouTube Channel". YouTube-Channel The Atlantic. Published 21 November 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Michael Phillips (December 2016). "The Elite Roots of Richard Spencer’s Racism". jacobinmag.com. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- Richard Spencer (11 November 2016). "ALT-RIGHT FOREVER". radixjournal.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Rosie Gray (12 January 2017). A ‘One-Stop Shop’ for the Alt-Right". theatlantic.com. Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "David Duke Show With Guest Richard Spencer". Internet Audio Feed YouTube Channel. Published 16 January 2017. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- Chris Welch, Sara Ganim (6 December 2016). "White Supremacist Richard Spencer: 'We reached tens of millions of people' with video". cnn.com. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "Richard Spencer - NPI 2016, Full Speech". YouTube. Red Ice TV. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Joseph Goldstein (20 November 2016). "Alt-Right Gathering Exults in Trump Election With Nazi-Era Salute". nytimes.com. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Elliott Kline..." twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 21 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- The Grouch (12 September 2017). "Big Trouble In Little Nazi: Why The Alt-Right Is 'In Shambles'". itsgoingdown.org. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- ANTIFASCISTINATLANTA (21 October 2017). "Alt-Right Operational Document Shows Planning for Richard Spencer’s Gainesville Visit, Involvement of Would-be Murderers". wordpress.com. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Alt-Right Politics LIVE! - 2017 Year In Review". 1:10. YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Published 21 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "ELLIOTT KLINE". onepeoplesproject.com. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Alt-Right Politics LIVE! - 2017 Year In Review". 18:40. YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Published 21 November 2017. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "Suing White Nationalists for Online Harassment: VICE News Tonight (HBO)". 4:41. YouTube. Vice News. 10 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "Suing White Nationalists for Online Harassment: VICE News Tonight (HBO)". 1:23 YouTube. Vice News. 10 May 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- "TANYA GERSH V. ANDREW ANGLIN". splcenter.org. 18 April 2017. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Joshua Gill (14 June 2017). "Southern Baptists Pass Resolution Condemning Alt-Right". dailycaller.com. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Emma Green (14 June 2017). "A Resolution Condemning White Supremacy Causes Chaos at the Southern Baptist Convention". theatlantic.com. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "PROPOSED RESOLUTION #10 ON THE ANTI-GOSPEL OF ALT-RIGHT WHITE SUPREMACY". static.coreapps.net. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- James Barrett (15 June 2017). "Amid Controversy, Southern Baptist Convention Denounces Alt-Right Movement". dailywire.com. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Lauren Southern (25 June 2017). "The Alt-Lite vs Free Speech". YouTube. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Jennifer Ortiz (24 June 2017). "4 dueling rallies scheduled for Sunday in DC". wtop.com. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Sarah Konsmo "Anti-hate, Alt-Right free speech groups rally on steps of Lincoln Memorial". wusa9.com. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". 25:02. YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Jack Smith IV (26 June 2017). "The alt-right is splitting in half, and white nationalists like Richard Spencer want it back". mic.com. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". 22:08. YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". 24:24. YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "DC FREE SPEECH RALLY - FULL EVENT (LIVE STREAM)". 36:00. YouTube. Uploaded by James Allsup. Streamed lived 25 June 2017. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- Jack Smith IV (26 June 2017). "The alt-right is splitting in half, and white nationalists like Richard Spencer want it back". mic.com. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "From Alt Right to Alt Lite: Naming the Hate". adl.org. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- Featured creators. hatreon.us Archived from the original on 13 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- WAGATWE WANJUKI (7 August 2017). "Paypal is canceling white supremacists' accounts and the alt-right is pissed". dailykos.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- William Hicks (4 August 2017). "MEET HATREON, THE NEW FAVORITE WEBSITE OF THE ALT-RIGHT". newsweek.com. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "WASHINGTON POST-ABC NEWS POLL AUG. 16-20, 2017" washingtonpost.com. Archived. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "This Week on the Alt Right | ft. Paul Nehlen". 32:00. YouTube-Channel Bre Faucheux. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Twitter Bans Paul Nehlen". 7:20. YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Published 15 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- "Twitter Bans Paul Nehlen". 9:50. YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Published 15 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- "Twitter Bans Paul Nehlen". 2:25. YouTube-Channel AltRight.com. Published 15 February 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Violet Ikonomova (3 March 2018). "Richard Spencer's metro Detroit lawyer dissociates from alt-right following negative press". metrotimes.com. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Richard Spencer Interview 3-21-18". 0:15. YouTube-Channel Luke Ford. Streamed live on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 14 April 2018.